Create an audio project!

Hello! Today I am going to share with you my experience planning an audio project!

I have to confess that it was very entertaining for me so I suppose for students it will be too!

I love maths and cognitive challenges but I know that not all the students have the same feelings for this subject. So I decided to do an extra-curricular annual project to try to change the predisposition of the students to this subject at the same time they are practising their English so it is a good idea too for improving their pronunciation and fluency.

Recording audios and sharing with the classmates can be very motivating for our students so let’s see how to do it.

I have used GARAGEBAND, an app for Apple that let you record your audios, change your voice and create and add your own songs with some instruments. GarageBand's instruments are the closest thing to the real ones and sound just as good. You have keyboards, guitars, basses and a lot of designed sounds. With these instruments you do not need the conservatory to play like a professional! Also you can explore the sounds of other continents like Asia through traditional Chinese and Japanese instruments.


Then I have shared my podcast in my SOUNDCLOUD  account to can share in the blog. SoundCloud is an online audio distribution platform where users can distribute their musical projects.

Both are free and very easy to use so try them!

Designing the project is the first step we must do so I used GOOGLE DOCS to draft my project and write my objectives, tools, competencies and evaluation. Then I shared with GOOGLE DRIVE. This is the best option to work in groups because it let you prepare documents online at the same time and share with all the people you want.


This is my draft:



Then I recorded a podcast to welcome my students to the blog and give them the first challenge:




Get the most of your soundcloud channel!

Music has a lot of advantages. One of them is that it improves your concentration capacity to study or to work and it can be very relaxing. For that reason I have created a playlist for my students to use when they are studying or doing some activities in the classroom. 

Do you know something more relaxing that the sounds of the nature? Whit this playlist you can travel to the most savage places of the world with incredible sounds that you can’t hear in your city.






Don’t forget to follow me on my Soundcloud channel! Thank you!

Comments